Statement of Financial Integrity
Since the beginning of this ministry in 1977, we have committed ourselves to fulfilling our responsibility to be accountable to God who has entrusted this work to us; to honor those who support World Harvest Church and Breakthrough and to comply with all governmental requirements, including those attendant to exemption from federal income tax under §501(c)(3).
World Harvest Church implements the following measures to help assure that we fulfill our responsibilities to God, to you, and to the government.
– World Harvest Church began in 1977 with a single §501(c)(3) corporation. Over the years, God has raised up numerous ministries for us to conduct—Breakthrough Ministries, Valor Christian College, Harvest Preparatory School, the Center for Moral Clarity, etc. Even so, we continue to operate with the same simple single corporate structure upon which this ministry was founded over 30 years ago. It is our experience that a single corporation makes transparency and accountability simpler and reduces confusion.
– Each member of World Harvest Church’s Board of Directors complies with a conflict of interest policy, requiring each board member to recuse him or herself from any deliberations and voting on any matter that directly relates to him or her, and to always act in the best interest of the organization.
– Since 1994, WHC has been audited annually by a prominent international outside auditing firm, currently Clark Schaefer Hackett, receiving a “clean” opinion every year.
– World Harvest Church and Breakthrough Ministries do not rely solely on our own resources, but, when needed, we retain the services of nationally known and knowledgeable legal and compliance advisors to provide insight, guidance, and training.
– Compensation guidelines for all staff members, including Pastor Parsley, officers and directors, prevent any employee from benefiting from church resources beyond what they specifically earn. The compensation (including any appropriate housing allowance) for Pastor Parsley, officers, directors, and key employees is established and reviewed twice annually by an independent Executive Leadership Compensation Committee (ELCC) as required by the Internal Revenue Service. The ELCC is composed of respected professionals who are in no other capacity involved in the corporation or ministry thereof. The committee reviews independent compensation survey data and each individual’s contribution to the achievement of the Church’s ministry objectives when setting each person’s compensation. This method is consistent with “best practices” for nonprofit organizations, and with a “safe harbor” method preferred by the Internal Revenue Service, and prevents Pastor Parsley, officers, directors, and key employees from setting their own or each other’s compensation.
Pastor Parsley, officers, directors, and key employees receive no other additional compensation beyond what is allowed by the ELCC. All royalties, speaking fees, honorariums and the like are recognized as revenue to the ministry and no employee or controlling party receives any personal benefit from the same. Furthermore, no real assets (land, houses, vehicles etc.) owned by the ministry are used for personal use by any employee of this ministry including Pastor Parsley, officers, directors, and key employees.
Internal financial controls
– In accordance with “best practices,” as recommended by our accounting firm and auditors, World Harvest Church has implemented additional internal controls related to deposits of cash and checks, purchasing, systems protection, inventory, security, etc. to protect organizational assets.
Internal audit team
–Our internal audit team is sanctioned and established by our board. This team has considerable authority to accomplish consistent compliance throughout the organization. All employees, including Pastor Parsley, officers, directors, and key employees, are required to abide by the team’s determinations.
– Every humanitarian goal that World Harvest Church has ever set has been fulfilled. Seventy seven percent (77%) of all dollars given for Bridge of Hope relief and evangelistic efforts have been used toward those efforts of spreading the gospel and meeting basic human physical needs. No amounts received have been used to pay control party compensation or any other general or administrative costs of the organization.
World Harvest Church is committed to operating at the highest level of financial integrity with the primary vision of winning souls for the Kingdom and helping our weaker brothers and sisters around the world.